BCD CHANGED BY EXTERNAL PROCESS

mapsurfer

Nov 11, 2013, 11:46:34 AM11/11/13
to visua...@googlegroups.com
Tried VisualBCD and got RELOAD STORE - BCD CHANGED BY EXTERNAL PROCESS, so I tried running elevated with same results.   Only thing I can think of is rebooting on non-secure mode.   Any idea what's happening with the RELOAD STORE message?

boyans

Nov 18, 2013, 11:44:13 PM11/18/13
to visua...@googlegroups.com
Please ignore message. You can still edit bootmgr and loader objects.
In Windows 8 Visual BCD Editor fails to display objects which do not have a description element.

Will be fixed.

Ahaiziah

Apr 23, 2015, 9:23:17 AM4/23/15
to visua...@googlegroups.com
i ignored and i am getting an application error when i try to create a new element

boyans.net

May 13, 2015, 4:34:25 PM5/13/15
to visua...@googlegroups.com
You want to create a new element for object X - please specify is this the boot manager, a loader, a setting or a device option.
Which new element you want to create.

Generally you should specify on error:

1. Visual BCD Editor version
2. Windows OS version
3. Error message
4. Short description of what you did just before the app error happened.