Computer wont detect ssd after changing mbr

Xaeravoq

Dec 15, 2013, 2:19:57 PM12/15/13
to visua...@googlegroups.com
I followed the instructions to move the boot folder and now my computer just hangs at the post screen where it detects my hard drives. I moved the boot folder from my external to my ssd and rebooted like the tutorial said and now only the external hdd is detected. The weird thing is that it does say 2 devices detected but only the external shows up and it just sits there. I cannot go any further to even look at my bios.

Xaeravoq

Dec 15, 2013, 3:56:19 PM12/15/13
to visua...@googlegroups.com
i reset my cmos and then was able to get into the bios. my hdd boot order was messed up and i made the ssd the first boot device and it worked.

boyans

Dec 16, 2013, 7:43:26 PM12/16/13
to visua...@googlegroups.com
Glad that you solved the problem with your system boot.