Dual boot Win 8 on a uefi Samsung 840 and a Win 8 on a 1.5TB Seagate

Forssound

Mar 22, 2013, 6:46:00 PM3/22/13
to visua...@googlegroups.com
Hi There,

I'm a little confused in the new way windows handles its booting.

In 1 pc I have a 256 GB Samsung 840 SSD and a 1.5TB seagate

I removed the sata connection and installed Windows 8 upgrade over a windows 7 on the SSD 840
It worked fine

I removed the sata connection from the SSD and reconnected the previous removed sata connection from the seagate
I installed Windows 8 over a 7 on the Seagate 1.5TB
It worked fine.

I do this to seperate a Windows 8 that's intended for experiments and games from a windows 8 that's used for serious work.

I made sure neither can see the other in the harddisk manager.

What I do wan't to now is how a shutdown is handeld, if I'm correct it's in essence a sleeping on the disk.

I ask this because often booting resolves in one of the 2 not found.

How can I repair the bootloader in this case?

Sorry for the lenghty writing and thanks for bearing with me so far.

Kind Regards
Guy Forssman

boyans

Mar 23, 2013, 5:08:32 AM3/23/13
to visua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guy,

Try disabling fast boot.

In Windows 8 with administrative account select:

1. Control Panel, Power Options,
2. Choose what the power buttons do,
3. Change settings that are currently unavailable,
4. Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.

Reboot.

Best wishes
Bo