WINDOW 10 Dual boot repair failure

Ka

Sep 9, 2017, 8:20:46 PM9/9/17
to Visual BCD

I tried using the Automatic Repair option of the dual boot repair for WINDOW 10  and it gave me an error.  Reading along the line, it mentions  : " The file cannot be access by the system"  NTS windows : 6.9.200.

I am also getting a bootup error: winload.efi is missing or corrupted. This is a bluescreen error that comes up everytime i load up. Any help would be appreciated.
DualBootRepair.err

boyans.net

Sep 25, 2017, 8:05:29 PM9/25/17
to visua...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Would be nice to know:

1. How many hard disks you have on the system.

2. Which Windows OS version (Windows 10/8/7 or server) is installed where (disk, partition)

==>You can use Disk Management to display disks and partitions and post image.

Also useful info is which OS was installed first, second, also if OS was upgraded e.g. Windows 8 to Windows 10. e.t.c.

The error says "You cannot access this file" (you don't have permissions, you don't have enough rights)

==>Try to get properties of any executable in System32 using file explorer and report outcome (from the OS in which you try to run DBRepair get properties of "\Windows\System32\winload.exe" on every partition which has Windows installed)
You can post images of what is displayed by file explorer.

Cheers
Bo