Creating dual boot

Visual BCD

Feb 14, 2014, 6:50:53 PM2/14/14
to visua...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have 2 boot.wims and 1 install.wims

First one
Contains a boot.wim and no install.wim (boots up in WinPE)

Second one
Contains a boot.wim and 1 install.wim (boots up in WinPE and installs different versions of Windows that i have)

I want a menu where i can select which boot.wim i want to boot up in.
Is that possible with Visual BCD - i have tried to create a second loader but it doesnt seem to work - it just boots up into the default one.

I actually have two boot.wims and want to be able to select which one i can boot up in :)

Please help

boyans.net

Feb 19, 2014, 7:03:24 AM2/19/14
to visua...@googlegroups.com
Adding loaders for .wim files is available in version 0.9.4 of Visual BCD but the version is not published.
I have to resolve copyright issues for some Microsoft utilities distributed with the product.

isidroco

Apr 3, 2016, 9:37:27 PM4/3/16
to Visual BCD
Maybe utilities can be obtained from users directly from MS instead of including them on your package so as to avoid copyright issues.

boyans.net

Apr 5, 2016, 3:56:20 AM4/5/16
to Visual BCD
You are right there are copyright issues when including MS tools (bcdedit, bcdboot, bootsect, ntldr) in package.

I have already a solution how to download these utilities from MS directly.

Will be available with future versions of Dual-boot Repair and Visual BCD Editor.

(The problem is that after download of package on installation there will be some delay for download of these utilities from Microsoft).

Note:

Some other pretty "famous" authors just put a copyright notice that:

"If you have Windows installed you have the right on these utilities" (as they are part of Windows).