W8 - Lost of focus when move or delete a folder/shortcut by drag'n'drop

Florent C.

Feb 20, 2013, 6:34:04 AM2/20/13
to vistast...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I just installed StartX 4.66 free on Windows 8, great menu, lot of potential.
However I just started to move some shortcut or a file from one folder to another or just programs shortcut, so I click on a shorcut, drag and drop in another one and when I release, the menu closes.
The shortcut was moved but I have to go back, click on the menu, move another one, then it closes again and so and so. Same if I delete a shortcut, after I click "delete", the menu closes. It's very annoying.
Can you please fix this or add an option to keep the menu focused?

Also how do I configure a keyboard shortcut to open the menu, I couldn't find the option to do this (The Windows keyboard button opens obiviously the Windows 8 start menu).

Thanks in advance.

Else this program is really awesome, I adopted it immediatly. Nice work

OrdinarySoft

Feb 21, 2013, 12:58:58 AM2/21/13
to Florent C., vistast...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The menu not designed to manage files. So if you want to manage files
please double click over folder and manage it inside Windows Explorer.
This will be more easy.
In common cases you want to manage files manually to create Groups but
you don't need do this with Start Menu X since you can use
Virtual Groups -
http://www.startmenux.com/help/Virtual%20Groups.html

Please use shift+win to open menu under win 8
and win+win to open desktop from Metro.
--
Best regards, Dennis Nazarenko
http://www.ordinarysoft.com