~ and tab

gwho

Jul 13, 2011, 7:43:00 PM7/13/11
to Start Menu 7
~ is supposed to be for swithcing through tabs, but it's not working
properly.

i try ~ and i try ` but it doesnt recognize it. i try using arrow keys
after typing those once it doesnt seem to be working.

why not have the tab button cycle through the different tabs? we dont
really need tab to do its current function because everything else is
mapped out, and we have the arrow keys. so the current behavior of tab
is redundant.
i think it's more intuitive to have the tab button cycle through tabs.
of course replace the ~ icon with "tab", and instead of being a
selection, it will immediately switch tabs.

also allow shift + tab to cycle backwards.

gwho

Jul 18, 2011, 3:57:18 PM7/18/11
to Start Menu 7
all the other icons require simply pressing A3 or I8 or B7.
There is an icno with ~, so you would think u just press ~, or shift
~, but that's actually not the right key!
it's actually ctrl + `.

1) the fact that you have to hold ctrl for this button, but not the
others is non-intuitive, and doesn't follow the same pattern as the
other icon labels.
2) also, using ~ seems to imply that you have to press shift when you
actually dont.

these two reasons make this label a very bad one.

gwho

Jul 18, 2011, 3:58:11 PM7/18/11
to Start Menu 7
also, if ctrl + ` is cycle forwards, we should haev the ctrl + shift +
` cycle backwards.