RE: [startmenu] Digest for vistastartmenu@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic

Forrest Nettles

Feb 21, 2013, 11:08:54 AM2/21/13
to vistast...@googlegroups.com
Dennis - I posted a question but maybe you never got it. I had to reinstall Windows 8 to my C drive, and I have several programs on my D drive that work fine without reinstall, but how can I make the run icons
for those programs show up in Start Menu X?
Thanks,
Forrest Nettles

To: vistast...@googlegroups.com
From: vistast...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [startmenu] Digest for vistast...@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 07:35:06 +0000

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/vistastartmenu/topics
    "Florent C." <seif...@gmail.com> Feb 20 03:34AM -0800

    Hi
    I just installed StartX 4.66 free on Windows 8, great menu, lot of
    potential.
    However I just started to move some shortcut or a file from one folder to
    another or just programs shortcut, so I click on a shorcut, drag and drop
    in another one and when I release, the menu closes.
    The shortcut was moved but I have to go back, click on the menu, move
    another one, then it closes again and so and so. Same if I delete a
    shortcut, after I click "delete", the menu closes. It's very annoying.
    Can you please fix this or add an option to keep the menu focused?

    Also how do I configure a keyboard shortcut to open the menu, I couldn't
    find the option to do this (The Windows keyboard button opens obiviously
    the Windows 8 start menu).

    Thanks in advance.

    Else this program is really awesome, I adopted it immediatly. Nice work

    OrdinarySoft <ordina...@gmail.com> Feb 21 12:58PM +0700

    Hi,

    The menu not designed to manage files. So if you want to manage files
    please double click over folder and manage it inside Windows Explorer.
    This will be more easy.
    In common cases you want to manage files manually to create Groups but
    you don't need do this with Start Menu X since you can use
    Virtual Groups -
    http://www.startmenux.com/help/Virtual%20Groups.html

    Please use shift+win to open menu under win 8
    and win+win to open desktop from Metro.

    --
    Best regards, Dennis Nazarenko
    http://www.ordinarysoft.com