Java Version and Visone

Sebastian Haunss

May 16, 2024, 1:10:53 PMMay 16
to visone-users
Dear Visone developers,
what is the highest java version with which you can still run Visone?
I noticed that Visone 2.27.1 no longer runs with my default java version (openjdk 21.0.3 on MacOS 14.5), but works with the Oracle Java version 1.8.0_341.
Interestingly, Visone 2.26 runs with both Java versions without problems.
Best
Sebastian

Müller Julian

May 19, 2024, 2:36:30 PMMay 19
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian,

There is an incompatibility between visone 2.27(.1) and OpenJDK >= 21, causing visone to hang when some specific operations are performed (like the quick layout). So this incompatibility can be avoided if you downgrade visone or the JDK.

A change to resolve this issue made it into the main branch of the internal repository a few days ago, so this problem will be gone with the next release (probably in June or July).

Best wishes,
Julian

Message has been deleted