RE: [visone-users] IllegalAccessException de.visone.osxadapter.OSXAdapter

Müller Julian

Jul 2, 2021, 8:58:21 AM7/2/21
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philip,

this issue appears when visone 2.19 or older is run on JDK 16 on Mac OS X.
The workaround is to make sure visone is executed on an older JDK. I don't know about JDKs 9 to 15, but I'm sure it runs on an up-to-date JDK 8.

So first, one has to install an older JDK. If as a result multiple JDK versions are installed on the same Mac, one can use the java_home command line utility to choose a specific JDK version. I think this should be the command for running it on JDK 8 from the terminal (when visone-2.19.jar is in the current directory):

java_home -v 1.8 --exec java -jar visone-2.19.jar

I plan to include a fix for this problem in the 2.20 release of visone.

Best,
Julian

Sebastian Haunss

Jul 2, 2021, 10:58:10 AM7/2/21
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philip and Julian,

at least on my Mac the command needs to be

/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8 --exec java -jar visone-2.19.jar

Best
Sebastian