Centrality in a valued network, centrality in a affiliation network. Diameter.

Volha Kryvets

Mar 24, 2020, 7:05:38 AM3/24/20
to visone-users
Hi everyone!

I ran into some questions while using Visone in my Ph.D. dissertation and I'd be grateful for your help and tips.

1. How is centrality calculated in a valued graph? Are values of ties taken into account? I suspect they are not, but I'd love to learn more.

2. Anyone knows how centrality is calculated for an affiliation network (bimodal)? I compare centrality measures for bimodal network and with centrality in transformed (with R) one mode networks and they are different for the same actors.

3. Anyone know how to check the diameter of the network (longest geodesic)?