Node Degree of centrality in Visone

Sayeh

Apr 6, 2021, 11:13:30 AMApr 6
to visone-users
Hi guys,
Can you help me how I could visualize degree of centrality for nodes in a two-mode network in visone?

Volha Kryvets

Apr 6, 2021, 3:39:18 PMApr 6
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!
If you're talking about two-mode degree centrality (how many connections a node has with actors from a different mode), you simply run degree centrality calculations, then in attribute manager select node from one mode first, apply your visualization algorithm specifically to them (let say color them in green). Further, you select the second mode and do the same (color them in yellow).
If it makes sense in your research, you can transform a two-mode network in R into one-mode, do your calculations, and import these calculations to the initial bipartite network, then visualize modes of nodes separately using the algorithm I described.

Best,
Volha

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 6:13 PM Sayeh <n.ash...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,
Can you help me how I could visualize degree of centrality for nodes in a two-mode network in visone?

Volha Kryvets, Ph.D. candidate
International Relations
School of International Relations and Public Affairs, Fudan University
220, Handan Road, Shanghai, 200433, China