attributes in visone

Aylin Rosas Tejada

Dec 9, 2011, 11:36:37 AM12/9/11
to visone-users
I need help with the use of the attributes in the visone program.
I have no idea how start to use the attribute and I need to learn this
for use the program.

Please someone to tell me how use the attributes, I have to insert a
file? I have to type the age and the others features?

For days, I'm trying to know this.
Thanks
Aylin

juergen lerner

Dec 10, 2011, 3:38:54 AM12/10/11
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Dear Aylin,

For an overview, I recommend the visone tutorials

http://visone.info/wiki/index.php/Introducing_the_visual_network_editor_(trail)

and

http://visone.info/wiki/index.php/Visualization_and_analysis_(trail)

especially the sections "Modifying node and link properties" and
"Importing attributes from CSV tables" respectively.

A CSV table containing the attribute values can be created, for
example, with MS Excel.

Please ask again, if there are questions left.

Best
Juergen

Aylin Rosas Tejada

Dec 10, 2011, 12:34:25 PM12/10/11
to visone-users

Thank you so much Juergen

I read and use the program but when import the table en apply show me:
joining attribute does not exist in CSV.
And I really dont know why because my file is in CSV and also create
that file with attributes that match with my actors in my original
file.

Best

Aylin

juergen lerner

Dec 11, 2011, 3:57:27 AM12/11/11
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Dear Aylin,

The 'joining attribute' is necessary to associate nodes in the network
with the rows of the CSV file. For instance, if you have a node
attribute named 'label' and your CSV file looks like

"label" "age" "gender" ...
Alice 25 F ...
Bob 32 M ...

then setting the joining attribute to 'label' will do. The column
headers ("label" "age" "gender") in the CSV file are necessary. Often
the joining attribute is 'id' and its values are consecutive integers.
The values of the joining attribute must be unique.

The easiest would be if you sent me (part of) your network (in
.graphml) and attribute data.

Juergen

Aylin Rosas Tejada

Dec 11, 2011, 8:43:29 PM12/11/11
to visone-users

But my file is very simple because is an example to practice with the
visone
Maybe my mistake is in my file
I sent you my file

You help me a lot... thank you so much

Aylin

On 11 dic, 03:57, juergen lerner <juergen.ler...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

juergen lerner

Dec 12, 2011, 7:07:39 AM12/12/11
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aylin,

It's indeed the case that the name of the identifying attribute in the
network (which is 'id') does not match the name of the identifying
attribute in the CSV file (which is 'Actor'). If you either change
'Actor' into 'id' in the table, or you rename the 'id' attribute to
'Actor' in visone's attribute manager, then it works (I tried it).

Juergen

Aylin Rosas Tejada

Dec 12, 2011, 12:04:12 PM12/12/11
to visone-users

I saw my mistake and I tried and exited the values. Thanks!

When you use the attribute manager says the quality of the
relationship, namely, if they are good, bad or regular?

Best,
Aylin

On 12 dic, 07:07, juergen lerner <juergen.ler...@googlemail.com>