Transform two-mode in one-mode network

Ruedi Epple

Apr 27, 2016, 5:48:27 PM4/27/16
to visone-users
Hi,
I tryed to transform a two-mode network to a one-mode network: level: network, operation: two-mode, type: "row mode". I got a new two-mode network. I tryed the other types. The results were the same. What's wrong?
Any advices?
Ruedi

Arlind Nocaj

Apr 28, 2016, 3:35:11 AM4/28/16
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Could it be that you have multiple links between two nodes?

Ruedi Epple

Apr 28, 2016, 3:42:53 AM4/28/16
to visone...@googlegroups.com
I don't think so, but please have a look.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
NW1937_Org.graphmlz

Arlind Nocaj

Apr 28, 2016, 8:01:43 AM4/28/16
to visone...@googlegroups.com
The links are not directed in your network, thats why the result is the same.
When you make them directed you get different one-mode projections.
(select all links, and use "links - make directed" from the top menu.

Tell me if that helps

Ruedi Epple

Apr 28, 2016, 10:14:13 AM4/28/16
to visone...@googlegroups.com
To direct the links alone didn't help. But to delete the links between
the organisations did help. So I have now a network between affiliated
persons (row mode) and between affiliated organisations (column mode). I
had national sections of international associations which were
connected. I have replaced them by links between persons and
international associations. That works and doesn't change a lot.
Thanks a lot.
Ruedi

-------- Original-Nachricht --------