visone 2.20 released

Müller Julian

Aug 12, 2021, 8:24:13 AM8/12/21
to visone...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

visone 2.20 is available for download on the website: http://visone.info/html/download.html .

This release includes many bug fixes:

* general: fixed crash on Mac OS X when visone is run on JDK 16

* general: networks with backgrounds are no longer marked as changed after exporting them

* UI: fixed UI crash when the network merge tab is visible after deleting a collection and closing a network

* UI: many other bug fixes improving UI stability

* visualization: fixed repeated rezooming behavior in cartesian coordinates mapping

* transformation: fixed crash when converting loops to node attributes

* node/link properties: fixed various bugs when setting properties on nodes or edges with differing values or when switching between networks

* other miscellaneous bug fixes

On behalf of the visone team,

Julian

Evangelia Petridou

Oct 31, 2021, 3:37:49 PM10/31/21
to visone-users
Hi Julian,

I apologize in advance if my question has been answered since this conversation, but my Mac won't open Visone. I looked around online and it seems that I am not the only one. I even had an oder version installed, but it gives me the "untrusted source" dialogue box when I try to open that or download version 2.20. Is there a workaround? I have bootcamped my machine to run UCINET so I could download visone on the PC side, but the it would be easier to not.

Cheers,

Evie

Müller Julian

Nov 4, 2021, 6:11:04 AM11/4/21
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Evangelia,

I asked a colleague who is a macOS user about this issue (since I don’t use a Mac myself).

I guess when you try to start visone, a dialogue box opens that tells you that visone can’t be opened because it was provided by an unidentified developer.
To bypass the blocking of visone, you have to access the Security & Privacy panel in your System Preferences after such an attempt opening visone. Under the General tab, towards the bottom, you will find a setting “allow apps downloaded from:” Just below that, it should explicitly print a notice that visone was blocked due to being provided by an unidentified developer. Click the button “open anyway” to the right of this notice. macOS will prompt you to enter admin credentials, and after you have provided these, visone will start running.

Best,
Julian

Evangelia Petridou

Nov 4, 2021, 6:31:17 AM11/4/21
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julian,

Thank you so much for going through the trouble to research this! From Security and Privacy General tab, I now get a dialog box saying "unable to local Java Runtime". I saw some references to Java in the community emails when I was looking for a solution before, so I will check again to see what I can do to make this work.

Again, many thanks,

Evie

Skärmavbild 2021-11-04 kl. 11.22.58.png

Müller Julian

Nov 4, 2021, 6:50:16 AM11/4/21
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Evangelia,

it sounds like you have to download and install a (more) recent OpenJDK version.

Best,
Julian

Evangelia Petridou

Nov 4, 2021, 7:15:53 AM11/4/21
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Hans Ulrich Frink

Nov 18, 2021, 2:23:48 PM11/18/21
to visone-users
I would like to download visone 2.20 using windows 11 and chrome rsp. edge from https://visone.ethz.ch/html/download.html but  server shows "visone.ethz.ch hat die Verbindung abgelehnt."
Also I cannot open visone.info
What can I do?

Müller Julian

Nov 21, 2021, 12:41:46 PM11/21/21
to visone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hans Ulrich,

I restarted the server and the visone website is online again. You should be able to download from there now.

Thanks for the report,
Julian