Ves al primer missatge no llegit

Shawn Adamsson (@OpenDataLondon)

no llegida,
20 de jul. 2010, 10:46:5620/7/10
a VisibleGovernment Discuss
After 6 months of effort and in co-operation with the City of London
there will be a motion put before our Board of Control and City
Council in the next week to move an OpenData initiative forward.

Motion: http://council.london.ca/meetings/Board%20of%20Control%20Agendas/2010-07-21%20Agenda/Item%2027.pdf
Related blog: http://www.amcgowan.ca/blog/open-and-initiatives/city-of-londons-open-data-initiative/

Assuming all goes well and we move forward we were wondering what
would be involved in setting up http://dataldn.org similar to http://datato.org?

Thanks,
Shawn

Jennifer Bell

no llegida,
28 de jul. 2010, 21:25:1628/7/10
a VisibleGovernment Discuss
That's fantastic news, congratulations.

Mark Kuznicki and Adam Thody would be the ones to talk about setting
up a datato.org in London. While VisibleGovernment hosted the Ottawa
equivalent of this site, dataott.org, we're currently in a
transitional phase and can't take on new hosting at the moment.

Good luck!

Jennifer

On Jul 20, 7:46 am, "Shawn Adamsson (@OpenDataLondon)"
<adams...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After 6 months of effort and in co-operation with the City of London
> there will be a motion put before our Board of Control and City
> Council in the next week to move an OpenData initiative forward.
>
> Motion:http://council.london.ca/meetings/Board%20of%20Control%20Agendas/2010...
> Related blog:http://www.amcgowan.ca/blog/open-and-initiatives/city-of-londons-open...

spencer

no llegida,
7 d’ag. 2010, 13:57:107/8/10
a VisibleGovernment Discuss
Shawn, congratulations on your success.
I just talked to adam thody, the guy who wrote datato. He's forking it
into a global data request system, that every city can use, and hopes
to roll it out by august 15th!
I have no idea what it'll be like, but worth checking out.
Worst case, you just install tikiwiki, or some other 'digg-like' cms.
Great work!

On Jul 20, 10:46 am, "Shawn Adamsson (@OpenDataLondon)"
<adams...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After 6 months of effort and in co-operation with the City of London
> there will be a motion put before our Board of Control and City
> Council in the next week to move an OpenData initiative forward.
>
> Assuming all goes well and we move forward we were wondering what

Jonathan Brun

no llegida,
13 d’ag. 2010, 8:41:3613/8/10
a visiblegover...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As part of Montréal Ouvert (montrealouvert.net) we are looking for two things:

1. An analysis of the benefits of offering open-data (at any level of government)
2. A comparison of cities that are offering open data (their policies, their datasets, quality of datasets).

If anyone knows of such documents, can you please point us in the right direction. If anyone is interested in helping us on doing #2, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Laura

no llegida,
14 d’ag. 2010, 14:03:1714/8/10
a VisibleGovernment Discuss

This is not a full analysis, but I did write a blog posting a while
ago that might be interesting for a starting place for #1. benefits of
open data:
http://usability4government.wordpress.com/2010/05/10/value-proposition-of-open-data-a-framework-for-measuring-success/

Good luck with your endeavor!

Laura
http://twitter.com/ResultsJunkie

Jennifer Bell

no llegida,
18 d’ag. 2010, 19:29:2718/8/10
a VisibleGovernment Discuss
Speaking of open data requests & idea generators, OpenMuniWiki happens
to have a list of what other cities are using:
http://wiki.openmuni.org/#Idea_Sourcing_for_Data_and_Apps

(I remember thinking that the Manor Labs one was particularly
interesting.)

A dedicated open-source app that cities could just sign up for would
be a great resource... particularly since I suspect citizens of
different cities want more or less the same data. A cross-city app
would be good for collecting this info in a comparable way.

Jennifer
Respon a tots
Respon a l'autor
Reenvia