RTK Week: Open Gov Data CIO Program, FOI Music, +

已查看 1 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Mark Weiler

未读,
2010年9月26日 15:57:252010/9/26
收件人 civicaccess-discuss、visiblegovernment-discuss

Does everyone know that this Monday Sept 27 to Friday Oct 1 is Right to Know Week? It's the week to raise awareness about access rights through FOI legislation.

Lots of things are going on across Canada. Take a look: http://www.opengovernmentrecords.net/drupal/node/86

Tracey Lauriault, David Eaves, and Michael Mulley, who have posted on these lists, will be presenting (did I miss anyone?) at some of the Ottawa events. Jennifer Bell presented last year too (http://www.opengovernmentrecords.net/drupal/node/35#CA)

To mark Right to Know Week, raise some discussion, and get feet tapping, here are a couple of things:

1. From the Canada's Chief Information Officers to you...

In April 2010, the Treasury Board of Canada hosted the Chief Information Officer Executive Summit in which Open Government Data was discussed.
The official program for the summit (Eng & Fra), the GCPedia entry for the CIO 2010 Executive Summit (Eng, Fra) and the GCPedia entry for the CIO / Open Data Summit (Eng, Fra) were acquired through the Access to Information Act and can be downloaded in a blog I posted here: http://www.opengovernmentrecords.net/drupal/node/93
The blog discusses how how open government and access to information can overlap.

2. Freedom of Information Music

Results of the 2010 survey for "Freedom of Information Music" can be found here:
http://www.opengovernmentrecords.net/drupal/node/18

Suggested songs include:

"I see you" by Leona Lewis

"Janane ka haq (Right to Know)" (the anthem of the Right to Information movement in India)

"FOIB - Are You Pickable, Mr. Politician?" by Prof Lungu (Ghana/Japan)

"Suspicious Minds" by Elvis Presley

"What's Up?" by 4 Non-Blondes

"Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves

"Access to Information" a message from the Access to Information Unit (Jamacia)

3. Live Chat with Information Commissioners...
There will be a live on-line chat with Information (and Privacy) commissioners starting tomorrow: http://www.righttoknow.ca/chat/schedule.asp
If you'd like a glimpse of plans for 2011's Right to Know Week, http://www.opengovernmentrecords.net/drupal/node/11

Happy Right to Know Week,

Mark Weiler

Jennifer Bell

未读,
2010年9月28日 14:11:492010/9/28
收件人 VisibleGovernment Discuss
Thanks for bringing this up, Mark. The Right To Know event I was at
last year in Ottawa was really well done. If you can, you should try
to attend to show support for the Office of the Information
Commissioner for doing this sort of event.

The one thing I wish they did a little better last year was make
summaries of the content presented more accessible... I remember there
were glitches with the bilingual video site that was produced that
made it hard to use. It was a shame because while the panel I was on
was terrific, not many people attended the event.

If you're there, be sure to *write down* cool things people are
saying, pithy quotes, etc. to use on blog posts & link back to the
OIC's content so that it can be promoted to people who can't be there.

The event I was at last year happened to be recorded on CPAC:

http://www.cpac.ca/forms/index.asp?dsp=template&act=view3&pagetype=vod&lang=e&clipID=3155

My favorite part of the panel was watching Ben Leapmen, who broke the
UK's expense scandal via access to information requests, describe the
back and forth for getting the records (starting at about minute 21),
and the quotes from the MPs whose careers were ended by the scandal.
Priceless.

Jennifer
> If you'd like a glimpse of plans for 2011's Right to Know Week,http://www.opengovernmentrecords.net/drupal/node/11

Jennifer Bell

未读,
2010年9月28日 14:05:372010/9/28
收件人 civicaccess discuss、visiblegovernment-discuss
Thanks for bringing this up, Mark.  The Right To Know event I was at last year in Ottawa was really well done.  If you're in Ottawa, you should try to attend to show support for the Office of the Information Commissioner for doing this sort of event.

The one thing I wish they did a little better last year was make summaries of the content presented more accessible... I remember there were glitches with the bilingual video site that was produced that made it hard to use.  It was a shame because while the panel I was on was terrific, not many people attended the event.

If you're there, be sure to *write down* cool things people are saying, pithy quotes, etc. to use on blog posts & link back to the OIC's content so that it can be promoted to people who can't be there.

The event I was at last year happened to be recorded on CPAC:

My favorite part of the panel was watching Ben Leapmen, who broke the UK's expense scandal via access to information records, describe the back and forth for getting the records (starting at about minute 21), and the quotes from the MP's whose careers were ended by the scandal.  Priceless.

Jennifer

--- On Sun, 9/26/10, Mark Weiler <mwe...@sfu.ca> wrote:

回复全部
回复作者