FOI Music for Right to Know Week

Mark Weiler

Jun 19, 2010, 6:16:25 PM6/19/10
to mwe...@sfu.ca
The countdown has begun! In 100 days Right to Know Week, the internationally recognized week for engaging public imagination about freedom of information legislation, will begin.

During Right to Know Week (September 27 to October 1) groups from around the world will host various kinds of events about the right to access most government documents. With freedom of information so new in our cultural history (1-30 years for most of the world) we need to stretch our freedom of information imaginations. And what better way to stretch the imagination than with music?

Please take a minute and suggest a song or two that comes to mind when you think about freedom of information. The survey is found here: www.opengovernmentrecords.net/drupal/node/48

What are examples of freedom of information music?

"Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves
"Suspicious Minds" by Elvis Presley
"Fanfare of the Common man"by Arron Copland
"Big Picture" by Izzi Dunn
See a list of more songs at: http://www.opengovernmentrecords.net/drupal/node/18

Song suggestions will be posted on-line at: www.opengovernmentrecords.net in time for Right to Know Week 2010.

If you're organizing a Right to Know Week event, please include some of the songs and enjoy the music!