Recollect could be coming to a city near you!

Luke Closs

Feb 21, 2011, 7:11:53 PM2/21/11
to visiblegover...@googlegroups.com
Hey VG-ers,

Well I've been working really hard the past few months with Kevin and
David to rebuild VanTrash.ca into a new service that will support
multiple cities, a more robust architecture and new notifications that
will work for all citizens, not just those glued to their emails (text
message & voice calls).

The result is http://recollect.net

I've been adding new datasets in for other cities - I added Victoria
(& Oak Bay & Esquimalt), then North Vancouver and today I added
Edmonton.

Thanks in part to Edmonton's open data portal, it was really easy to
add Edmonton to Recollect - it only took me about 3 hours from
starting to read about how Edmonton manages their garbage pickups to
having the data live on Recollect.net.

We'll be adding other cities that have Open Data, so stay tuned. If
you're interested in the project you can follow us on twitter at
http://twitter.com/recollectnet

Cheers,
Luke

Jonathan Brun

Feb 22, 2011, 2:16:01 PM2/22/11
to visiblegover...@googlegroups.com
congrats!

Jonathan Brun

+1 514.712.0637
EHSQ Reporter - Audit and Verify environment, health, safety and quality standards on mobile devices
NimonikApp.ca Environmental Regulations Simplified
NimonikApp.ca Règlements environnementaux simplifiés
You should visit our environmental blog at: http://www.nimonik.ca/blog

Ilia Lobsanov

Mar 15, 2011, 1:15:29 AM3/15/11
to VisibleGovernment Discuss
Congrats Luke. This is an amazing effort!