It's Alive!

r0kus

Sep 7, 2010, 4:32:42 PM9/7/10
to Visible Policies
I've been thinking about having a forum my The Visible Policy website
for some time. Rather than run forum software on my own site, I'll
let Google do the work for us. The group exists to allow discussion
of topics related to The Visible Policy and Life Insurance
GlossPinion websites, including permanent life insurance, life
insurance companies, and demutualization. This is not a forum to sell
products, but a link in your signature to a business is ok.

* http://r0k.us/insurance/vp/ The Visible Policy
* http://r0k.us/insurance/gp/ The Life Insurance GlossPinion

The first order of business is to announce that in late August and
early September, I updated much of The Visible Policy site. The
predictive models have not been updated yet, but at least the
statements and metrics are now current.

-- Rich Franzen, Policy Master

r0kus

Sep 7, 2010, 9:04:37 PM9/7/10
to Visible Policies
Actually, the first order of business should have been to welcome
everyone to the forum!

Feel free to introduce yourselves. What topics would *you* like to
talk about?

-- Rich

Ernesto Cabezas

Sep 12, 2010, 6:55:08 AM9/12/10
to visible-...@googlegroups.com
Rich,

I am Ernesto Cabezas, Vice President of LLAC Inc., a foodservice corporation in Puerto Rico that services government contracts as well as corporate cateing. We also have an exclusive representation for BC Bundt Cakes in the Caribbean which started about a month ago.

I lived in Chicago for 5 years to finish my MBA while working for Sysco Foodservice and recently came back to Puerto Rico to re-structure the family business, since the company has been growing exponentially, with increased sales from 2.6 M in 2007 to 4.6 M in 2009.

Topics:
1) Which tools can I use for our corporation's financial health?
2) What steps can we take to provide investment opportunities for our employees (profit sharing) and outside investors?

Ernesto
--

Ernesto J Cabezas

Message has been deleted

r0kus

Sep 12, 2010, 7:53:33 AM9/12/10
to Visible Policies
Ernesto,

Welcome, and thanks for being the first poster besides me! It is
great that your family business is doing so well. :) I wish you
continued success.

Your two questions are way beyond my level of knowledge. Hopefully
other group members will have some suggestions. You might also want
to consider contracting with some sort of corporate financial adviser,
one familiar with Puerto Rican, mainland US, and international laws.
Choose one wisely, though. There are those who will be more
interested in maximizing their gain as opposed to LLAC's. Personally
I'd hope for a conservative one, who, for example, doesn't try to get
you into every tax loophole in the book, and some that aren't.

-- Rich

kareem watson

Sep 12, 2010, 11:50:57 AM9/12/10
to visible-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

I am Kareem Watson, President of Watson Financial Strategies LLC in New York City.  I have 12 years experience helping individuals and small business owners maximize their financial opportunities while minimizing risk.

I have lived in NYC my whole life and went straight to Wall Street out of Colgate University.  I opened my own practice last year because as a finance guy I realized the compensation equation was skewed heavily towards my employers.

I have aligned my practice with New York Life as my broker/dealer because of the special type of policies we utilize to structure great financing strategies for my clients and their businesses.  Please feel free to visit my website, www.watsonfs.com, and give me a call if you have need of my services.

Re: Ernesto

My team and I can provide solutions for most of what you're asking save investment opportunities for outside investors.  I'm assuming you're thinking about taking your company public?  If I misunderstood, please explain what investment opportunities for outside investors looks like for you.

Ernesto Cabezas

Sep 13, 2010, 6:41:09 AM9/13/10
to visible-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kareem,

I am interested in looking at different options. We can discuss this matter outside of this forum. I will be getting in touch with you next week.

Please send me your contact info.

ernesto...@gmail.com
--

Ernesto J Cabezas