App idea - IDE for iPad

Ján Raška

Nov 18, 2011, 2:12:01 PM11/18/11
to visi...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

since you've asked to join with application ideas too, here's one of them:

I think it'd be cool to have some  IDE (for Scala, Java or possibly anything) that would access a project sources using Git, modify it and push it back. At the same time it would be connected with some online service (eg. CloudBees) so that the application can be compiled and deployed. It'd be really handy in case something bad happens that needs an immediate fix and a developer is on a vacation or somewhere without his laptop, but with an iPad or iPhone. The idea is to have it all somehow connected and possibly to have an access to a presentation compiler somewhere on the cloud...

I'm not sure this is a kind of thing that Visi is intended for, but I want to share it anyways.

Jan

David Pollak

Nov 18, 2011, 3:11:23 PM11/18/11
to visi...@googlegroups.com
Very sweet idea.  It's kinda like the browser-based, cloud backed program editor that was a project at Mozilla.  That'd be very nifty!

Dean Landolt

Nov 18, 2011, 3:28:28 PM11/18/11
to visi...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 3:11 PM, David Pollak <d...@visi.io> wrote:
Very sweet idea.  It's kinda like the browser-based, cloud backed program editor that was a project at Mozilla.  That'd be very nifty!

If you're referring to bespin, that's been merged in with the ace editor and lives on under the mantle of the Cloud9 IDE (c9.io) -- it's pretty slick, and I think already does much of what the OP was asking.