Persistance

Patrick Down

Mar 10, 2012, 10:06:48 AM3/10/12
to visi...@googlegroups.com
I curious if you have an idea how data persistance will be represented in Visi.

David Pollak

Mar 10, 2012, 6:34:25 PM3/10/12
to visi...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 7:06 AM, Patrick Down <patric...@gmail.com> wrote:
I curious if you have an idea how data persistance will be represented in Visi.

There's a as of yet undefined concept of references (like Clojure's references) and data flow analysis so that we can determine if a call is made from the "scope of a reference".

References and reference scopes represent external resources that cannot be easily represented by sources and sinks.

Data persistance is one of the reference/scope pieces.  I'm figuring that I'll use MongoDB or something like it because Mongo's BSON data representation dovetails with Visi's guarantee that all user-generated data structures can be BSON serialized.

I'm currently working on a scope for Objective C so that I can get Visi to be self-hosted (basically, Visi will be able to call and subclass ObjC objects).

Once I get that scope working (which will mean I'll have a provisional syntax for references and scopes), I'll work on a persistance reference.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David

--