What an exciting new project!

Chris Hagan

Feb 15, 2012, 8:17:16 PM2/15/12
to Visi Language
Hi David et al!

Wow, this language sounds like the perfect storm of beautiful things!

Clojure concurrency.
Haskell purity and laziness.
Smalltalk integrated IDE.
Reactive sources and sinks.
iOs development in a beautiful language.
Erlang style serializability by default.

I'm sold!

The only thing it needs for me is a Windows compiler and IDE. Guess
I'd better start brushing up my Haskell and start building them, I've
never seen a project to which I'm so excited to contribute!

ps. In the published language specification, there is a misprint of
the word "Language" in the document title. Moderator, feel free to
remove this note as you publish this to the lists, it wasn't intended
to be a public criticism so much as a positive refinement.

David Pollak

Feb 15, 2012, 8:29:46 PM2/15/12
to visi...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Chris Hagan <captain.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi David et al!

Wow, this language sounds like the perfect storm of beautiful things!

Clojure concurrency.
Haskell purity and laziness.
Smalltalk integrated IDE.
Reactive sources and sinks.
iOs development in a beautiful language.
Erlang style serializability by default.

I'm sold!

Cool!

The only thing it needs for me is a Windows compiler and IDE.  Guess
I'd better start brushing up my Haskell and start building them, I've
never seen a project to which I'm so excited to contribute!

Great.  Fire up those Pull requests.

ps.  In the published language specification, there is a misprint of
the word "Language" in the document title.  Moderator, feel free to
remove this note as you publish this to the lists, it wasn't intended
to be a public criticism so much as a positive refinement.

Feel encouraged to fix it and fire up a Pull request. ;-)

Looking forward to your contributions!

Thanks,

David

--
Visi.Pro, Cloud Computing for the Rest of Us http://visi.pro

Chris Hagan

Feb 16, 2012, 11:03:27 PM2/16/12
to Visi Language
Pull request submitted.

Thanks David!

On Feb 16, 12:29 pm, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Chris Hagan <captain.mister.ha...@gmail.com
> Visi.Pro, Cloud Computing for the Rest of Ushttp://visi.pro

David Pollak

Feb 17, 2012, 11:34:53 AM2/17/12
to visi...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 8:03 PM, Chris Hagan <captain.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Pull request submitted.

Excellent!  Looking forward to more Pull requests and a Windows app for Visi!

--
Visi.Pro, Cloud Computing for the Rest of Us http://visi.pro