How to characterize Visi in a sentence or two?

Byron Gibson

Feb 23, 2012, 12:01:10 PM2/23/12
to visi...@googlegroups.com
Hi David, following your work on Visi/.pro, thought I'd post your latest blog post to the Reddit Haskell group since that's what it's built with.  Would it be accurate to say that Visi is a sophisticated Haskell DSL?

And in case you're interested, there was a discussion on another of your Visi articles a few weeks ago:

David Pollak

Feb 23, 2012, 1:41:29 PM2/23/12
to visi...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Byron Gibson <fbg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi David, following your work on Visi/.pro, thought I'd post your latest blog post to the Reddit Haskell group since that's what it's built with.  Would it be accurate to say that Visi is a sophisticated Haskell DSL?

I think of Visi as:

A new millenium take on the Excel/spreadsheet modeling language.  Visi is built on Haskell and takes advantage of Haskell's rich and powerful runtime features including threading, laziness, Iteratees and more.

And in case you're interested, there was a discussion on another of your Visi articles a few weeks ago:

--
Visi.Pro, Cloud Computing for the Rest of Us http://visi.pro

Byron Gibson

Feb 26, 2012, 2:40:39 AM2/26/12
to visi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  I realized that community is mostly already aware of Visi, so I didn't need to describe it.  Just posted the github wiki link instead.

Byron Gibson

Feb 26, 2012, 10:47:13 AM2/26/12
to visi...@googlegroups.com
http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/q6hyo/the_visi_language/