Compile Error

privatejava

Oct 27, 2010, 1:09:19 AM10/27/10
to Visage Users
Hello i've downloaded a new javafxc.jar from visage download section.
I've even kept it at lib/shared folder of javafx SDK 1.3.1 and i can
see "javafxc 1.3.1-dev" on javafxc -version.Everything fine but when
i compiled this code:
import javafx.stage.Stage;
import javafx.scene.Scene;
import javafx.scene.text.Text;

function run(){
Stage {
Scene {
Text {
"Hellow World"
}
}
}
}
It gave me compile error message.
After then i changed my code like this:
import javafx.stage.Stage;
import javafx.scene.Scene;
import javafx.scene.text.Text;
import javafx.scene.paint.Color;
import javafx.scene.Node;

public class XScene extends Scene{
override public-init default var content:Node[];
}

public class XStage extends Stage{
override public-init default var scene:XScene;
}

public class XText extends Text{
override public-init default var content:String;
}

function run(){
XStage {
XScene {
XText {
"Hellow World"
}
}
}
}
but still it gives me error :
Test.fx:21: No default variable has been declared for class
Test.XStage.
XScene {
^

what to do for this problem?help!!

Peter Pilgrim

Oct 30, 2010, 2:04:14 AM10/30/10
to visage...@googlegroups.com
1. Get a book on javafx the language.
2. There is an error, a compilation error with visage, the classes in
the JFXTras library JAR were not built with visagé support for default
properties.
3. You are living on the bleeding edge if you use visagé as the javafx compiler.

--
Peter Pilgrim,
**Java Champion**,

:: http://audio.fm/profile/peter_pilgrim  ::
:: http://www.xenonique.co.uk/blog  ::
:: https://java-champions.dev.java.net/ ::
:: http://twitter.com/peter_pilgrim ::

::  A Oracle Certified Enterprise Architect for Java EE 5 platform ::

Stephen Chin

Nov 2, 2010, 6:44:07 PM11/2/10
to visage...@googlegroups.com
This is actually a bug in Visage... It turns out that the object
literals are processed before overrides are taken into account, which
makes it impossible to use default overrides.

I should have a bug fix soon...

Apologies,
--Steve

--
--Steve
blog: http://steveonjava.com/

privatejava

Nov 3, 2010, 12:06:40 AM11/3/10
to Visage Users
hi Peter, i was using XScene,XStage,XText not of JFXtras classes.it's
only for testing purpose class names because i was trying to override
default variable of those classes so that i could use simeple DSL.
(better than javafx).

Thanks..for reply Stephin chin. I'm very interested for stable release
of visage.

Visage user,
Narayan G. Maharjan
blog: http://javanepal.wordpress.com

On Nov 3, 3:44 am, Stephen Chin <st...@widgetfx.org> wrote:
> This is actually a bug in Visage...  It turns out that the object
> literals are processed before overrides are taken into account, which
> makes it impossible to use default overrides.
>
> I should have a bug fix soon...
>
> Apologies,
> --Steve
>
> On 10/29/2010 11:04 PM, Peter Pilgrim wrote:
>

> > 1. Get a book on javafx the language.
> > 2. There is an error, a compilation error with visage, the classes in
> > the JFXTras library JAR were not built with visagé support for default
> > properties.
> > 3. You are living on the bleeding edge if you use visagé as the javafx compiler.
>
>  smime.p7s
> 8KViewDownload

Stephen Chin

Nov 7, 2010, 4:11:45 PM11/7/10
to visage...@googlegroups.com
I figured out a fix for this one and checked it in. Once I have a build
with some of the null check fixes I have been working on, I will post
that as a new preview release.

Cheers,
--Steve