i'm new sorry!!

Antonio Monorchio

Feb 20, 2013, 11:01:14 PM2/20/13
to visage...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody and thanks in advance for your patience but i have already developed a complete gui application using the good old javafx1.3 toghether with java for various tools used in the gui itself.
Now i have to port anything in javafx2.2 but i don't know if it's better to use directly the new javafx2.2 java apis(and so rewrite all the code) or i have some chance to use visage to do this job in a smoother andway?
I succeeded in set up my windows 7 pc to build and run visage in Netbeans 7.2.1 and the visage demo app execute correctly, but if i try to write more complex javafx code such as LayoutInfo objects to manage the layout of a node, i get errors such as:
"cannot find symbol
symbol  : class LayoutInfo"
and others of the same type.
Some advice?

Thanks again.

William Antônio Siqueira

Feb 21, 2013, 8:11:00 AM2/21/13
to visage...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonio,

Probably this class isn't wrapped yet. I'll check it later and add commit changes, so you can probably use it tomorrow

Antonio Monorchio

Feb 21, 2013, 11:16:28 AM2/21/13
to visage...@googlegroups.com, william....@gmail.com, william.a...@gmail.com
Ok thanks William!
But in general wich are the equivalent import path for visage?
I have many imports such as:

import org.netbeans.javafx.datasrc.FileDataSource;
import org.netbeans.javafx.datasrc.Parsers;
import javafx.scene.Scene;
import javafx.scene.layout.LayoutInfo;
import javafx.stage.Stage;
import javafx.scene.layout.VBox;

How i have to rewrite those packages to address the correct equivalent visage jars?
Moreover, can i have a sort of code assist in the netbeans editor such as code-completion and sintax error alerter?
If not, can i use another ide to have more code assist than the netbeans one?
Thanks again!

William

Feb 24, 2013, 2:31:14 PM2/24/13
to visage...@googlegroups.com, william....@gmail.com, william.a...@gmail.com
Hello Antonio,

There's a netbeans plugin which is in development, see other related messages in this group and in Visage Developers group.

For simple sintax hightlight you can use the scite and sublime editors. For building Visage Apps I recommend you to check the graddle plugin.

The base package for Visage is: visage.javafx

William Antônio Siqueira

Feb 25, 2013, 1:46:27 PM2/25/13
to Antonio Monorchio, visage...@googlegroups.com
Hello Antonio,

The Visage is in development. Some classes are not finished.

After you run the HelloWorld, please, let me know your code if possible, we can finish Visage and give you builds accordingly your code.

Is your project huge? We can create a migration guide and use your code as example.

2013/2/25 Antonio Monorchio <dev...@gmail.com>
Thanks William.
You think it's something concrete today begin a porting of a gui from javafx1.3 to visage?
I'm yet fighting with the execution of the HelloWorld visage demo with no success and so i'm real confused about the visage value as a real alternative to the old javafx1.3 script language.
I hope this is not the truth.
:(