RE: [visage-dev] Digest for visage-dev@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Chris Rokusek

May 9, 2012, 12:31:46 AM5/9/12
to visag...@googlegroups.com

So I’ve got pages of JavaFx 1.x code (aka Visage) but it looks like interest may be waning here.   I see some more recent activity on ScalaFx and GroovyFx.  Is it easy to port among these 3 languages?

Thoughts/comments?!

Chris

William Antônio Siqueira

May 21, 2012, 3:24:15 PM5/21/12
to visag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

ScalaFX and GroovyFX works different than VisageFX.

VisageFX relies on compiler things(Visage). We can keep going on our current way of wrapping code, but now we(Actually Steve :P) are working in the compiler to make easier the task of put Visage in top of JavaFX.

And remember Visage is much more than JavaFX:

- Android;
- Vaadin;
- Pure Visage is also a programming language which can be used for educational purposes, for example.