Visage Alpha 1 Distribution Posted

Stephen Chin

Dec 30, 2011, 8:04:23 PM12/30/11
to visag...@googlegroups.com
I posted an alpha release of the Visage project for JavaFX and Android.
It should work with JavaFX 2.0.2 and Android API version 7 or higher.

Here is the link:
http://code.google.com/p/visage/downloads/detail?name=Visage-2.0alpha1.zip

I can use some help testing out both the JavaFX and Android bits to make
sure they actually work.

Also, I guess I should put together some instructions as well on how to
use it from the command line and popular ides
(netbeans/eclipse/intellij), but I haven't quite gotten around to that
yet... but I figure if anyone can figure it out, you guys can. :)

Cheers,
--
--Steve
blog: http://steveonjava.com/

Nick Apperley

Jan 1, 2012, 2:38:36 PM1/1/12
to Visage Developers
Noticed in the API reference that the navigation is completely broken.
The Visage language reference definitely needs some serious updating
especially in the data types section. Where can I find out more about
Visage Doc (formerly fxdoc)?

Where is the NB plugin for Visage at? Are there any plans to have the
plugin support the recent alpha version of Visage? Is the plugin
compatible with NB 7.1?

On Dec 31 2011, 2:04 pm, Stephen Chin <st...@widgetfx.org> wrote:
> I posted an alpha release of the Visage project for JavaFX and Android.
> It should work with JavaFX 2.0.2 and Android API version 7 or higher.
>
> Here is the link:http://code.google.com/p/visage/downloads/detail?name=Visage-2.0alpha...

Stephen Chin

Jan 1, 2012, 7:14:21 PM1/1/12
to visag...@googlegroups.com, Nick Apperley
Thanks Nick... I will look into the API reference and figure out how
to fix the links.

The language reference has not been updated by anyone... and I won't
get a chance to do it myself before putting out the alpha. I can
remove it for now, because a lot of the information is covered in the
Language Guide here:
http://code.google.com/p/visage/downloads/detail?name=VisageLanguageGuide.doc

I am also working on some launcher improvements... trying to get it to
auto-detect the JavaFX installed runtime location from the registry and
add the right jars to the classpath automatically. This will make it
super-easy to just run it out of the box without knowing too much about
setting up classpaths correctly.

Cheers,
--Steve

Nick Apperley

Jan 2, 2012, 4:25:17 PM1/2/12
to Visage Developers
Just wondering how you are getting the Visage source to be recognised
in NB 7.1 (saw the comments in rev f2e0eb2494 for the javafx-test
repository). Considering that the NB plugin isn't fully operational
yet with some big issues like a broken build system etc.

Stephen Chin

Jan 2, 2012, 4:40:31 PM1/2/12
to visag...@googlegroups.com, Nick Apperley
Recognized is relative... NetBeans makes a great plain text editor. :)

I know Eric is still making progress on the plug-in, so hopefully he
will have something for us to try out soon.

Cheers,
--Steve