Jiangmin : false positive

Jamen McGranahan

Oct 7, 2015, 3:12:01 AM10/7/15
to VirusTotal
I created a couple of files (an executable and a zip file - a compressed version of the exe) and have been using it (and others) successfully for a while now. However, it appears Jiangmin is reporting it as having a virus as well as Zillya - but none of the other antivirus programs in VirusTotal is reporting this.

AntivirusResultUpdate
JiangminTrojan/MSIL.grom20151005
ZillyaTrojan.Inject.Win32.16906320151006

I found Zillya and have sent them a support request to mark these files as false positives after they have thoroughly investigated the software. However, I haven't been able to locate contact information for Jiangmin. In fact, many of the sites I have seen report this being a crappy piece of software (so why is it even being considered). If someone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Emiliano Martinez

Oct 7, 2015, 3:14:50 AM10/7/15
to virus...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Jiangmin's point of contact regarding false positives is:
support [at] jiangmin [dot] com

Regards.

Choose a file, check it with more than 50 antivirus, fast and easy: http://www.virustotal.com
---

Shen Doshi

Jan 5, 2016, 2:01:28 AM1/5/16
to VirusTotal
I have similar issue result with King.rar. It is a false positive as it was only detected on this dumb program Jiangmin.

AntivirusResult                               UpdateUpdate
                                  Jiangmin                                        Trojan.Script.ger                   20160105

Yisroel Adler

Apr 29, 2018, 3:08:12 PM4/29/18
to VirusTotal
Sent a FP to this email address and got back.

Any other way to contact them in regards to a FP?