VirtualGL with HOOPS based applications

Samuel Seidel

Mar 22, 2023, 10:00:42 AM3/22/23
to VirtualGL User Discussion/Support
Hi everyone,

We're trying to get an application to work with VirtualGL that performs rendering through Techsoft's HOOPS library.   In older versions of the library the HOOPS openGL driver worked great with VirtualGL and we were able to achieve hardware accelerated rendering of complex scenes remotely.

In newer versions of the library the original openGL1 driver we were previously using has now been deprecated and is no longer available.  It has been replaced with their opengl2 driver which we have not been able to get to work with virutalGL.

We're using virtualgl 3.1 on CentOS7.  Any advice would be appreciate.  I can provide an example application if needed.

Thanks in advance,
Sam

DRC

Mar 22, 2023, 10:32:43 AM3/22/23
to virtual...@googlegroups.com
I am out of the office this week, but post an example application, and I will look into it. Can you confirm whether the issue also existed with VirtualGL 3.0.2, i.e. that it is not a regression?

DRC

On Mar 22, 2023, at 10:00 AM, 'Samuel Seidel' via VirtualGL User Discussion/Support <virtual...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

DRC

Aug 4, 2023, 1:32:30 PM8/4/23
to virtual...@googlegroups.com

Still waiting for an example application in order to diagnose this issue.

Samuel Seidel

Aug 8, 2023, 12:28:11 PM8/8/23
to VirtualGL User Discussion/Support
Thank you, we were able to fix it ourselves by updating the drivers.  Thank you for following up.