Latest releases of libjpeg-turbo, VirtualGL, and TurboVNC missing from SourceForge

DRC

Jan 19, 2023, 8:59:09 AM1/19/23
to libjpeg-t...@googlegroups.com, libjpeg-t...@googlegroups.com, libjpeg-tur...@googlegroups.com, virtual...@googlegroups.com, virtual...@googlegroups.com, virtualgl...@googlegroups.com, turbovn...@googlegroups.com, turbovn...@googlegroups.com, turbovnc...@googlegroups.com
As of this writing:

libjpeg-turbo 2.1.1 and later do not appear at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/libjpeg-turbo/files
GitHub issue:
https://github.com/libjpeg-turbo/libjpeg-turbo/issues/643

VirtualGL 3.0 beta1 and later do not appear at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualgl/files
GitHub issue:
https://github.com/VirtualGL/virtualgl/issues/225

TurboVNC 3.0 beta1 and later do not appear at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/turbovnc/files
GitHub issue:
https://github.com/TurboVNC/turbovnc/issues/358

The files aren't actually gone. I can see them from an SSH shell.
There is apparently a temporary issue with the SourceForge web interface
that is preventing them from being displayed, and numerous projects are
reporting the same issue;
https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/search/?q=status%3Aopen

As most of you know, one of the reasons why we continue to use
SourceForge for file releases is that SourceForge allows file deployment
and management via SSH, so I am able to automatically push and update
releases using rsync and manage YUM repositories on SourceForge's file
release server. If GitHub had that same functionality, then I assure
you that I would use it. Barring that, I am open to other suggestions.

If this outage lasts more than a day, then I will upload the missing
releases to GitHub as a stopgap solution. You can track the status of
the outage using the GitHub issues or SourceForge tracker items above.

DRC

DRC

Jan 19, 2023, 11:45:39 AM1/19/23
to libjpeg-t...@googlegroups.com, libjpeg-t...@googlegroups.com, libjpeg-tur...@googlegroups.com, virtual...@googlegroups.com, virtual...@googlegroups.com, virtualgl...@googlegroups.com, turbovn...@googlegroups.com, turbovn...@googlegroups.com, turbovnc...@googlegroups.com
It appears as if the issue has been resolved.