GitHub Sponsors / Extended Support releases / 2.6.6 ESR

DRC

May 3, 2022, 4:44:25 PM5/3/22
to virtual...@googlegroups.com, virtualgl...@googlegroups.com, virtual...@googlegroups.com
VirtualGL is now on GitHub Sponsors
===================================

https://github.com/sponsors/VirtualGL

I am pleased to announce that we are now accepting monthly and one-time
donations through GitHub Sponsors. All money received goes directly
toward developing and maintaining VirtualGL. As always, those who
donate US$1000 or more can opt to have their company's/organization's
logo displayed on https://VirtualGL.org/About/Sponsors and to specify
which bugs or strategically important features should be prioritized
with the funding. (NOTE: This applies to monthly donations that
eventually add up to US$1000 as well, but please tell me in advance if
you intend to donate US$1000 or more over a period of multiple months
and wish to target that funding toward specific issues/feature
requests.) Those who donate US$5 or more per month will get a Sponsor
badge on their GitHub profile. See below for additional perks.

As always, I would like to wholeheartedly thank all of the individuals
and organizations who have sponsored our project thus far. VirtualGL is
sustained solely through patronage and funded development. That ensures
that our project can remain community-focused and free of any one
organization’s agenda, but it also requires continuous funding. Your
donations and funded development opportunities over the past 13 years
have made VirtualGL possible.

Extended Support releases
=========================

I am pleased to announce an Extended Support program for VirtualGL,
which may be useful for those who are interested in getting the latest &
greatest bug fixes and security fixes without upgrading to the latest
release series of VirtualGL. Going forward, I will spin official
releases based on the code base of one or more previous release series
(2.6.x as of this writing) and make those Extended Support releases
available to project sponsors via a private GitHub repository.

The first Extended Support release-- 2.6.6 ESR-- is now available.

Extended Support releases have the same stringent quality controls as
current releases, and (where possible) they support the same platforms
as the latest public release in the previous release series. New
Extended Support releases will be published whenever new stable releases
from the current release series are published, if there are any fixes
that are relevant to the previous release series. A previous release
series will enter the Extended Support phase when the current release
series is out of beta.

You can automatically get access to the ESR repository by sponsoring our
project through GitHub Sponsors (https://github.com/sponsors/VirtualGL)
at a level of US$5 or more per month. Organizations that sponsor our
project at a level of US$1000 or more (through a one-time donation or a
series of periodic donations) will receive lifetime access to the ESR
repository as well as the option to display their organization's logo on
our Sponsors page (https://VirtualGL.org/About/Sponsors). If you are
already a logo sponsor, then please contact me if you would like access
to the ESR repository.