Funded development projects

DRC

Nov 9, 2023, 4:34:11 PM11/9/23
to virtual...@googlegroups.com, virtual...@googlegroups.com, virtualgl...@googlegroups.com
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the individuals
and organizations who have sponsored our project in the past and who
continue to provide project funding on a monthly and yearly basis.
Becoming a monthly or yearly sponsor on GitHub
(https://github.com/sponsors/VirtualGL) is the easiest way to contribute
to this project. All sponsorship money goes directly toward funding the
labor necessary to maintain VirtualGL, support the user community, and
implement bug fixes and strategically important features.

However, whereas ongoing sponsorships are usually sufficient to cover
project maintenance and bug fixes, most major new features require
specific funding in order to implement. As an independent open source
developer, I earn about 20-30% of what I could earn as a corporate
employee, and funded development projects are the only reason that I can
earn even that much. I maintain a list of potential enhancements to
VirtualGL that are unlikely to occur without funded development:

https://github.com/VirtualGL/virtualgl/labels/funding%20needed

If your organization is interested in funding one or more of those
enhancements, then please contact me through e-mail to discuss
development costs and other specifics.

DRC