VirtualGL/TurboVNC is causing a kernel panic in CentOS 7.7.1908 on Ryzen 9 5950X

Ewen Chan

Dec 23, 2021, 3:27:52 PM12/23/21
to VirtualGL User Discussion/Support
Hi all.

I'm trying to use VirtualGL/TurboVNC so that I can access my CentOS 7.7.1908 system remotely (with a full desktop GUI) but on my AMD Ryzen 9 5950X system, it's casing a kernel panic.

IMG_6814.JPG

I haven't been able to narrow it down as to whether it's VirtualGL that's causing the kernel panic or if it is the TurboVNC that's causing the kernel panic.

I'm using an Asus X570 TUF Gaming Pro (Wi-Fi) motherboard, 2x 32 GB of Crucial DDR4-3200 unbuffered, non-ECC RAM, an Evga GTX 980, a Mellanox ConnectX-4 Infiniband NIC, and a Corsair CX750M PSU.

I've already updated the OS to the 5.15.11 kernel.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ewen Chan

Ewen Chan

Dec 24, 2021, 12:32:07 AM12/24/21
to VirtualGL User Discussion/Support
Found/figured out that it actually wasn't VirtualGL/TurboVNC that was causing the kernel panic, but rather the "inbox" Infiniband drivers that shipped with the OS.

Thank you.

Mods, please delete this thread when you get a chance.

Thank you.