world-writable files

Ming

Jan 23, 2016, 4:09:29 PM1/23/16
to virtualenvwrapper
Hi,
i'm relatively new to virtualenv and virtualenvwrapper.  So far, everything works smoothly except that world-writable files (WWFs) are created every now which trigger some security alerts in our system.   Is that expected from virtualenv or virtualenvwrapper?   Is there any way to avoid WWFs through configuration or whatnot?

Thanks for reading.

Doug Hellmann

Jan 23, 2016, 4:19:15 PM1/23/16
to virtuale...@googlegroups.com
The subject of permissions has come up before [1]. It looks like we may need a more sophisticated solution than hard-coding them. Looking at the umask, in combination with the necessary execute permissions, would do it. Does someone want to try to implement that?