fork: Resource temporarily Available

Insanityandme

Jul 13, 2016, 4:49:14 AM7/13/16
to virtualenvwrapper

Hi there, an interesting issue has come up where I've been getting this error followed by:

touch: : No such file or directory

Error: virtualenvwrapper could not create a temporary file name.

This happens on every command that is being run through virtualenvwrapper: mkvirtualenv, lsvirtualenv sourcing virtualenvwrapper.sh etc.

This is what it looks like when I'm running mkvirtualenv, obviousy something is happening under the hood which I can't see.

Watching the script when running the command lsvirtualenv with bash -x it looks like this:

The script stops at the last line + /usr/local/bin/virtualenvwrapper.sh -m virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader --script ..... and then the error occurs. And because it's trying to list all virtualenv it happens multiple times in a row causing it to take 30+ seconds to get a list of all the environments.

I've already set my maxproc limit to double of the original size and maxprocperuid which is suggested here. So I think I can rule that out.

Something is happening with virtualenvwrapper that I can't explain, does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance.