Introduction

1 view

Bernie Roehl

May 12, 2008, 10:52:33 AM5/12/08
to virtual-wor...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

I'm Bernie Roehl, and I'm currently a software developer at the University of Waterloo.  I've written several books on realtime 3D graphics and VR.  I also used to write for VR News, an industry journal based in the UK, and occasionally for CyberEdge Journal along with occasional articles for various other technical magazines.

Way back when, I co-authored some simple VR software called Rend386 which was released as open source (back before it was called "open source").  I later got involved in the early days of VRML (which in fact was the topic of two of my books).

I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone, and to reminiscing about some of the great systems of the past.

I'm also looking forward to the very exciting things coming up in the future!

--
Bernie Roehl
Mail: bro...@gmail.com