Metaverse U conference videos starting to go live!

1 view

Henrik Bennetsen

Mar 26, 2008, 7:04:40 PM3/26/08
to Virtual Worlds History Group
Hi there,

it really has been a large task but we are finally getting ready to start putting Metaverse U videos on the web. Our blip.tv channel is here: http://metaverseu.blip.tv/ (4 videos up there for now)

Just blogged this:

We are finally ready to start sharing the footage from the two full days of Metaverse U. It has been a large task but I feel it is totally worth the effort and I am now looking forward to seeing the afterlife our little conference will get. This video is shared under the Creative Commons Attribution which lets you both share and remix, so feel free to nuts :)

The premiere video is our own Vladlen Koltun of the Stanford Virtual Worlds Group who outlines a vision for how we may improve the content creation tools for the metaverse. As a specific example he demoes and explains Dryad, a tool for intuitively intuitively creating beautiful trees: http://blip.tv/file/760578

I will also eventually put videos on the Internet Archive (some in higher quality since blip has a hard 1GB size limit) in our brand new Virtual Worlds Video Archive: http://www.archive.org/details/virtual_worlds&reCache=1 (we would love some help on this)

Henrik

--
Henrik Bennetsen
Research Director