Survey of all artistic immersive virtual environments

JackiMorie

Mar 27, 2008, 9:24:14 PM3/27/08
to Virtual Worlds History
As part of my dissertation I did an extensive survey of those artistic
VR pieces that have been done since the start of the medium.
While I may have missed some, or left others out due to my narrowed
definition of what was and was not "immersive" and "artistic", I
believe it stands as a valuable record of what has been done.

One of the discoveries in doing this was finding that approximately
70% of them were done, headed up by, or designed by women. The
dissertation goes into some details about why I bel9ive this is so.

While I do not have a separate file of the chart, it can be seen as an
appendix to my disstertation (warning LONG), which can be found on my
web site myart.skydes.org.

I would love feedback, additions etc. on this effort.

Jacki Morie

Mar 27, 2008, 9:28:43 PM3/27/08
to virtual-wor...@googlegroups.com
Not sure why this isn not clickable on the Google Group site... maybe
others may have more luck.

In any case I typo'd the URL below.
It is myart.skydeas.org

Apologies for any frustrations that might have caused.

Jacki Morie

Kat Lemieux

Apr 2, 2008, 9:30:16 PM4/2/08
to Virtual Worlds History