Move project "Windows Ribbon Framework for Delphi" to GitHub organization "Virtual-Treeview"

60 peržiūrų
Praleisti ir pereiti prie pirmo neskaityto pranešimo

Joachim Marder

neskaityta,
2015-06-17 17:58:222015-06-17
kam: Balázs Huzella, Daniel Bauten, Dietmar Rösler, Erik Virtel, Roman Kassebaum, Vincent Parrett, virtual-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Earlier this year I adopted another Delphi project: The Windows Ribbon Framework for Delphi
https://code.google.com/p/delphi-ribbon-framework/

Since Google Code is closing down later this year, I would like to move this project to the GitHub organization "Virtual-Treeview". I just wanted to check if anyone of you has objections to this step.

Best regards,

Joachim

Vincent Parrett

neskaityta,
2015-06-17 18:20:592015-06-17
kam: Roman Kassebaum, Joachim Marder, Balázs Huzella, Daniel Bauten, Dietmar Rösler, Erik Virtel, virtual-...@googlegroups.com
On 18/06/2015 8:01 AM, Roman Kassebaum wrote:
> I would create another organization.

Agreed, since the two projects have nothing in common.

--
Regards

Vincent Parrett

VSoft Technologies Pty Ltd
https://www.finalbuilder.com
Blog: https://www.finalbuilder.com/resources/blogs
Automate your Software builds with FinalBuilder.

Joachim Marder

neskaityta,
2015-06-18 03:07:072015-06-18
kam: Vincent Parrett, Roman Kassebaum, Balázs Huzella, Daniel Bauten, Dietmar Rösler, Erik Virtel, virtual-...@googlegroups.com
> the two projects have nothing in common.

Both projects are open source components for Delphi and both projects have the same project coordinator. That's more than nothing and I wonder what more projects need to have in common so that they may live under the same organization.

My motivation to consider this was that I hope for easier project management, e.g. when I grant Delphi developers that work in my company write access to the projects. And I was hoping to attract, with the popularity of Virtual TreeView, some new users to the Windows Ribbon Framework for Delphi project, that would submit issues and pull request. I don't think I am able to maintain both projects alone in my spare time in a satisfying way.

Best regards,

Joachim

Atsakyti visiems
Atsakyti autoriui