Can I run multiple infiles in MCCL?

kallepa...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2019, 5:56:38 AM11/17/19
to Virtual Photonics
Dear Carole,

Hope you are well :-)
I was wondering if there was a way to specify multiple infiles (different properties, not parameter sweep) in MCCL so they run one after another?

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Akhil

Carole Hayakawa

Nov 17, 2019, 11:33:51 AM11/17/19
to Virtual Photonics
Hi Akhil,

I run simulations on a remote linux computer. I run multiple simulations by creating a script file that has all of the commands listed.  For example, the contents of a file named "cmd" that runs one simulation is:

./mc.exe infile=infile_test.txt > out_infile_test.txt

This will put what goes to the screen into a output file named out_infile_test.txt.  Then I run it using the command:

at -f cmd now

which runs the cmd file now (you can give it a later time if needed).  The "at" command is nice because you can log of the computer running the simulations with no interruption to them.

Unfortunately, I'm not as knowledgeable about how to do this on Windows.

Best,
Carole