One more day: Zoom webinar invitation - kick off meeting Sunday 5th April 12:00 UTC

Pjotr Prins

Apr 4, 2020, 1:27:27 PM4/4/20
to virtual-bi...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

It is exciting to see how many people are active already! Tomorrow is
the kick-off with a zoom that allows up to 500 people. You need to
register first, but that should be no biggie. The URL to the event is
the mail we sent earlier today and on Slack. You may need the password
too. Please join so we can make the biohackathon a true event!

The time is such to be able to have most people on the call, only the
mid-Pacific area may be asleep. We aim to record the webinar so you
can view it later.

Every group is being asked to create a slide with a 3 minute
presentation in 'standard' BioHackathon style. Many groups have already
done so. If you want to add a group, there is still time, but first
check if your ideas may fit an existing group. Ping us for the URL
to the slides (it is also on Slack).

The organisers.

PS On Linux the Zoom invitation link only worked via Chrome or
Chromium - at least on my machine. Sorry for having to install a
proprietary blob. You can use SIP instead, but I have never managed to
do that myself. It would be cool though if that worked!