Annotations on Structures topic (and also "Deep Homology", "Pangenome" and "Phylogeny")

Jan T. Kim

Apr 2, 2020, 2:33:21 PM4/2/20
to virtual-bi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

what is the state of the "Annotations on Structures" group?
Is there a specific forum (on Slack or wherever)?

I started a toy project mainly to get myself up to speed to
some extent, and ended up colouring amino acids in protein
structures according to degrees of diversity in the encoding
codons, see [1]. Having noticed the "Annotations on Structures"
topic this seems quite related?

Further topics that I think are related include "Pangenome"
and "Deep Homology" as potential sources for diversity data,
and also "Phylogeny". I'm also interested in epidemiological
modelling as well -- and in any thoughts you might have on
my toy project so far.

Best regards, Jan

[1] https://github.com/jttkim/covid19

Pjotr Prins

Apr 2, 2020, 2:35:14 PM4/2/20
to Jan T. Kim, virtual-bi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,

Why don't you start with coordinating the effort. Put your name on the
Wiki and tell people how to connect on Slack or something.

Pj.

Gerardo Tauriello

Apr 4, 2020, 10:20:47 AM4/4/20
to virtual biohackathon COVID-19 2020
Ciao Jan,

This is great. Thanks for posting this and my apologies for not having answered earlier.

Fortunately, I see that you already found the wiki page for the topic (https://github.com/virtual-biohackathons/covid-19-bh20/wiki/Annotations-on-Structures) and the slack channel (#annotations-on-structures).

The "toy project" you did is definitely a great start into this and goes exactly in the direction that we have in mind for that topic. I also agree that many other topics are connected in the sense that they can provide information that can be mapped on structures and that the structure-data can in turn inform those topics. Our github project (https://github.com/SWISS-MODEL/covid-19-Annotations-on-Structures) contains a couple of ideas for annotations including variations (similar to your toy project) and interactions with other topics in the hackathon.

Your help on this topic is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to interacting more with you in the next days (via Slack since I won't look here very often).

Regards,
Gerardo

LJ.Garcia

Apr 4, 2020, 10:24:46 AM4/4/20
to virtual biohackathon COVID-19 2020
Hi there,

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Apr 5, 2020 02:00 PM Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna
Topic: Covid-19 Virtual BioHackathon

Register in advance for this webinar:
https://us04web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_XS6NzBqmQm29uwkuwp81MQ

Or an H.323/SIP room system:
    H.323:
    162.255.37.11 (US West)
    162.255.36.11 (US East)
    221.122.88.195 (China)
    115.114.131.7 (India Mumbai)
    115.114.115.7 (India Hyderabad)
    213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
    103.122.166.55 (Australia)
    209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
    64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
    69.174.57.160 (Canada)
    207.226.132.110 (Japan)
    Meeting ID: 822 866 123
    Password: 680185
    SIP: 8228...@zoomcrc.com
    Password: 680185

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.