Another April Fools come and gone

Paul D. Fernhout

Apr 2, 2011, 10:29:38 PM4/2/11
to vir...@googlegroups.com
I was tempted to sign up for being an autocomplion job, now that I've
learned Dvorak typing. :-)
"5 clever April Fools' gags from Google"
http://www.tecca.com/news/2011/04/01/google-april-fools/

I liked the GMail motion idea, but I already use a treadmill
workstation, so I thought that might be too hard to do them both
together. :-) Between that, taking 5000 IU D3 daily and following Dr.
Fuhrman's advice to eat more vegetables, fruits, and beans, I've managed
to lose over 40 pounds during the last year and be a lot healthier.
http://www.squidoo.com/walkingwhileworking
http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/treatment.shtml
http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/foodpyramid.aspx

Anyway, progress towards "opening" up the high frontier continues to
happen on the Open Manufacturing front, carrying forward the energy from
OpenVirgle.
http://groups.google.com/group/openmanufacturing

For example, I just bought a MakerBot Thing-O-Matic, but have yet to
start putting it together with my kid, as I've been focusing on
programming something else (stuff related to CouchDB and Rakontu and
Pointrel and PataPata, with an eye towards OSCOMAK).

Part of the future really seems to be in bringing digital ease to the
material world -- although our socio-economic system still needs to
catch up to that possibility abundance; some ideas for that here:
http://peswiki.com/index.php/OS:Economic_Transformation

And related items here:

http://www.pdfernhout.net/recognizing-irony-is-a-key-to-transcending-militarism.html

And here:

http://knol.google.com/k/paul-d-fernhout/beyond-a-jobless-recovery/38e2u3s23jer/2

--Paul Fernhout
http://www.pdfernhout.net/
====
The biggest challenge of the 21st century is the irony of technologies
of abundance in the hands of those thinking in terms of scarcity.