Server Selection Toolbar Gone

Darthfett

Dec 12, 2008, 1:29:24 PM12/12/08
to Visual IRC
I just got the program, and I've been having trouble with the Server
Selection Toolbar. I accidentally double clicked on it, and it just
disappeared. It won't even come back when I disable and re enable it.

The last time this happened, I was able to restart vIRC, and it came
back, but now I can't even change the server I'm connecting to!

Help!

IIsi 50MHz

Dec 13, 2008, 7:02:48 PM12/13/08
to Visual IRC
Er, well... you can still select servers from the menubar. If you have
Virc set to store its config in an INI file instead of the registry,
you can make a backup of the INI file and delete from the original the
section that stores the size & position information about windows and
toolbars. I really don't know where Virc puts this information when it
uses the registry.

--
IIsi 50MHz

Darthfett

Dec 14, 2008, 9:16:05 PM12/14/08
to Visual IRC
What menu bar? The one where you press the "..." button and it lets
you select the server? That's the one that has disappeared on me.

I set it to save to the INI file, and tried messing around with that.
Deleted it, deleted values that were supposed to be position of the
bar, etc. Nothing changed, the file was just renewed again as soon as
the program started. I guess I'm going to have to reinstall, and make
sure I lock the bars in place as soon as I start. Seems a shame that
the program works that way..

IIsi 50MHz

Dec 15, 2008, 11:11:17 PM12/15/08
to Visual IRC
On Dec 14, 9:16 pm, Darthfett <Darthf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What menu bar? The one where you press the "..." button and it lets
> you select the server? That's the one that has disappeared on me.

Oh dear. The /menu/bar. You know, the one that just about all programs
have directly below the titlebar of the main window. /Not/ a toolbar,
which is what you're saying has disappeared.

The menubar contains the words File, View, Tools, Window, and Help.
Look in the File menu by clicking on the word "File".

--
IIsi 50MHz