changing default starting server

will miller

Jul 6, 2009, 12:09:34 AM7/6/09
to Visual IRC
Hi,

I used to use starting server a, by default so it auto logs into my
normal channels etc, but now i need to set it to use server b. I have
changed everything i can think of, but when it Virc starts, it keeps
defaulting back to the old server for some reason.. i cant work out
why..
any suggestions pls?

Angel

Jul 8, 2009, 11:34:53 AM7/8/09
to Visual IRC
Did you change "script settings > Autoconnect to servers" ?
If you did and it reverts AND you're using Windows Vista:
Its because VIRC has no authority to write any Files in c:\Program
Files\
You need to start the Program as Administrator Once, change the
setting and restart normal.

will miller

Jul 9, 2009, 12:52:17 PM7/9/09
to Visual IRC
script settings > Autoconnect to servers <-- was the culprit,,,

could have sworn I had changed it way earlier on.., but either it
reverted or i just had a brain spasm and overlooked it, because it was
still set on prison.net.. must have overlooked when doublechecking
settings when trying to trouble shoot.. "doh- *smacks forehead*.,..
much obliged, will now go soak head in bucket..
cheers
will