On iPhone 14, Turning It Off, Has Never Been So Much Fun

M. Taylor

Dec 29, 2022, 10:52:17 PM12/29/22
to vip...@googlegroups.com, viph...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Okay, I've only had iOS and iPad OS 16.2 for a few days but I have truly
began to enjoy one particular feature of the OS on my iPhone 11 and 14, and
iPad, 2017; said feature being the ability to have Siri power off the
device.

I have never found powering off an Apple device, that has a physical Home
button, to be particularly challenging. However, powering down iPhone 14
Pro Max, with its large form factor, especially when in a folio case, can,
at best, take some getting used to, to say the least.

So, when I want to turn off iPhone 14 Pro Max, I simply say to Siri, "Turn
off this device," or "Power off iPhone," or "Turn off this iPhone."

Siri responds with, "Just to confirm, you want to power off this device?"

If I respond with, "Yes," then, voile a; it is done.

Now I don't know how wise it is for a totally blind person to use this
feature on an older Apple device because when I issue this command on my
iPhone 11 and iPad Pro 2017, there is absolutely no hap tic feedback to
indicate that the device has been successfully powered down.

On iPhone 14, however, turning it off, has never been so much fun (smile).

Mark

Julian

Dec 30, 2022, 12:40:11 AM12/30/22
to viph...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark and all,

What is just as good as telling Siri to power down an iPhone is telling Siri to restart the device. This is not only very convenient but I believe it's the first time that Apple has ever given us the ability to use a command to shut down and restart the device. I make use of this particular feature all the time.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 29, 2022, at 7:52 PM, M. Taylor <mk...@ucla.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello All,

Jonathan C. Cohn

Dec 30, 2022, 2:27:23 PM12/30/22
to viph...@googlegroups.com
Well, SIRI won’t start-up my phone, so it is useless. Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.
Have a wonderful Happy New Year!!

Sent from my iPhone