Important, No Text Verifications

Chris Chaffin

Mar 4, 2023, 8:07:45 AM3/4/23
to viph...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

All of a sudden, I am not able to receive verification codes for logging into websites like for banking. At first, I thought it might be an issue with the website, but this happens to me on multiple sites.

These sites do not have apps to access your information, so I am forced to go through their site. And without being able to receive the verification codes, I can not access my accounts. Again, this is on multiple sites.

This is what I have tried so far.
1, Restarting my iPhone.
2, Doing a forced restart of my iPhone.
3, Made sure both sms and mms are turned on in the settings.
4, Checked to make sure the numbers are not in my block list. Actually at this moment, I have no numbers in my block list.
5, Reset my network settings.
6, Made sure I have both wi-fi and cell connections.

These sites send you a verification code by text and that is how you finish the log in process. And the text message is the only choice.

I am out of ideas, so I wanted to see if anyone else ever had this issue, or if anyone had any ideas of what else it could be. Getting on to these sites are important, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I am running 16.3 on an Iphone 14 Pro.

Thanks,

Chris

Anna Dresner

Mar 4, 2023, 5:12:44 PM3/4/23
to viph...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

Is the problem that you aren’t getting the text messages, or that you aren’t being notified when they come in? If the latter, go to Settings, then Notifications, and see how Messages is set. Also, make sure you don’t have a focus turned on that blocks notifications. You could also, as a temporary work-around, open Messages when you are expecting a code and see if one comes in.

If the messages aren’t coming at all, open Settings, then Messages, and see if a setting is amiss.

I hope that helps.

Best,
Anna

Alan Lemly

Mar 4, 2023, 5:32:10 PM3/4/23
to viph...@googlegroups.com, vip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anna,

I believe I saw on the viphone list that Chris' issue was due to his mobile carrier and that he had resolved it. But I'm not speaking for anyone because he also posted his issue to Blind Apples and I don't believe any resolution was posted there. I just thought you should know that your message was posted to viphone2 and I'm not sure about the distribution of those messages at this point.

Alan Lemly
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone2/BDDC4815-1934-4758-9786-42F8EBBED4B4%40att.net.