Mark on Face ID via iPhone 14 with iOS 16.2: Not bad; not bad at all

M. Taylor

Dec 26, 2022, 1:33:55 AM12/26/22
to vip...@googlegroups.com, viph...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

I think it is fair to say that no one was a bigger critic of Face ID than I.

However, I must admit that using Face ID on iPhone 14 has been much, much
better than my experience than on iPhone 11.

I cannot articulate how or why this is so but there is definitely a
difference in how the systems feels between the two devices.

The funny thing is, two nights ago, when I went back to my beloved 8 Plus
for a few minutes to check on an app, I found myself wanting to use Face ID
gestures more than my beloved Touch ID. It took me more than a few minutes
to figure out why some of the gestures were not working on my beloved 8
Plus. When I realized that Touch ID was the method of choice on the old
phone I couldn't stop laughing at how readily the brain can adapt to new
techniques.

To those using Touch ID, I say keep doing so for as long as you can.
However I will add that on iPhone 14, at least, Face ID is not bad, not bad
at all. (smile).

Mark

Joshua Hendrickson

Dec 26, 2022, 2:08:19 AM12/26/22
to vip...@googlegroups.com, viph...@googlegroups.com
I don't always get face ID to work on my 13 pro max, but it is nice.

--
Joshua Hendrickson

Joshua Hendrickson

Dennis Long

Dec 26, 2022, 3:29:54 AM12/26/22
to viph...@googlegroups.com
There are better cameras in the 14. I suspect this is why face id works better.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone, The Next Generation" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone2/CADUoy9u4xA4488u7ercVYNjLYavn4usyLxSfJucxjOxtvsZg3A%40mail.gmail.com.

Michael Irons

Dec 26, 2022, 11:54:06 AM12/26/22
to vip...@googlegroups.com, viph...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone I got the iPhone SE 20 because I was not willing to mess around with Face ID and possibly having to wear a mask. I didn’t think I would be able to set up Face ID where it would work. I was born blind from birth and literally have not seen a thing in my life. I have lots of difficulty understanding what things really look like. I would say if no one leave me they might as well come and beat me up.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 26, 2022, at 12:32 AM, M. Taylor <mk...@ucla.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,

Dennis Long

Dec 28, 2022, 8:20:52 AM12/28/22
to viph...@googlegroups.com
I suspect you could setup face id just fine. Voice over gives good instruction.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone, The Next Generation" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone2/432537AF-D5C3-469E-A13E-ABBE8EFBC5F9%40gmail.com.