Using the Good Reads App

Terri Stimmel

Jun 20, 2022, 3:35:18 PMJun 20
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Has anyone here successfully been able to use the Good Reads App?

If so, how easy would you say, has it been to use?

Also, where do you find problems with it?

I would really like to use this App, if it is at all accessible. I tried
it about a year, or so ago, and it really wasn't. But things can change.

Any thoughts, or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Terri

Kathy Blackburn

Jun 20, 2022, 4:00:22 PMJun 20
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I have successfully used Goodreads on my iPhone for a number of years. Its only drawback, as far as I'm concerned, is that while you can specify most reading formats, like Kindle, Audible, paperback, or hardcover, I have not found a way to indicate that the book I read was a Braille or audio edition from BARD.

Kathy Blackburn

> --
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

> http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/BY3PR05MB8922FA712E637212D76FFFBFA8B09%40BY3PR05MB8922.namprd05.prod.outlook.com.

Christopher Chaltain

Jun 20, 2022, 4:35:53 PMJun 20
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Wow, that would be cool! I wonder if there's any chance Amazon would consider including that option.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ)
Chaltain at Outlook

kbla...@austin.rr.comOn Jun 20, 2022 2:35 PM, Terri Stimmel <icecrea...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>

> Has anyone here successfully been able to use the Good Reads App?
>
> If so, how easy would you say, has it been to use?
>
> Also, where do you find problems with it?
>

> I would really like to use this App, if it is at all accessible. I
> tried it about a year, or so ago, and it really wasn't. But things can change.
>

> Any thoughts, or advice would be very much appreciated.
>

> Thank you,
>

> Terri
>
> --
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>
> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:
> cara...@caraquinn.com

> https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.m
> ail-archive.com%2Fviphone%40googlegroups.com%2F&amp;data=05%7C01%7C%7C
> 75f660ac0884406386b508da52f7825e%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C
> 1%7C0%7C637913520240571471%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDA
> iLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sd
> ata=S3nWNUd86LhRL%2FKIaLxPoT%2F3HD%2FKpzwcKxw%2FIhTcjl8%3D&amp;reserve
> d=0
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2Fviphone%2FBY3PR05MB8922FA712E637212D76FFFBFA8B09%2540BY3PR05MB8922.namprd05.prod.outlook.com&amp;data=05%7C01%7C%7C75f660ac0884406386b508da52f7825e%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637913520240571471%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=tENwjHldxDuRyjxro9drVYn0mYe7GhtHDAh9%2FOVdbPE%3D&amp;reserved=0.

https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Fviphone%40googlegroups.com%2F&amp;data=05%7C01%7C%7C75f660ac0884406386b508da52f7825e%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637913520240571471%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=S3nWNUd86LhRL%2FKIaLxPoT%2F3HD%2FKpzwcKxw%2FIhTcjl8%3D&amp;reserved=0
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2Fviphone%2F62b0d1d3.1c69fb81.c78f3.6eecSMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING%2540gmr-mx.google.com&amp;data=05%7C01%7C%7C75f660ac0884406386b508da52f7825e%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637913520240571471%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=XerqM5Grgo1825uMw4KmHoE5jPz5CK4h%2F7%2FrKie2Xh4%3D&amp;reserved=0.

Gerardo Corripio

Jun 20, 2022, 4:46:30 PMJun 20
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Interesting! How would you go about, in my case, selecting Audio be from audible for example within the app? That’d be awesome!

Gera

> El 20 jun 2022, a la(s) 3:35 p.m., Christopher Chaltain <chal...@outlook.com> escribió:
>
> Wow, that would be cool! I wonder if there's any chance Amazon would consider including that option.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/PH0PR14MB4296D17BD444F0BFA00A34C9C8B09%40PH0PR14MB4296.namprd14.prod.outlook.com.

Wayne Merritt

Jun 20, 2022, 5:20:09 PMJun 20
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Like others, I have successfully used GoodReads since 2016 and have
had no issues. I have seen in the What's New section of app updates
mention of accessibility or VoiceOver updates a few times, so that is
good to see. I can't off hand think of a part of the app which is not
accessible, but there are probably one or two places. Perhaps scanning
in barcodes, but you could just as easily enter the information
through cut and paste from a site like Amazon. To answer the
specialized format issue, another option is to create a bookshelf
labeled Braille, and store all of your Braille or audiobook titles
there when you finish the book.

Happy reading,
Wayne

P.S.: Look in my signature for my Goodreads link.

--
Connect with me on GoodReads:
www.goodreads.com/waynesbooks

Terri Stimmel

Jun 21, 2022, 2:48:02 PMJun 21
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to send out a quick message, and say thank you to all of
you who responded to my questions about Good Reads. I know it's a small
thing. But I really do appreciate this.

I want to be able to use this App for many reasons. Mainly, for keeping
up with what I am reading. But also for finding new things to read. And
I think it can be fun to discover what others are reading as well.

So, thanks again. It's much appreciated.

Please stay safe, and well.

Terri

Julie Dawson

Jun 21, 2022, 3:05:47 PMJun 21
to vip...@googlegroups.com
If you want to rate a book you just flick up to which ever star you want to
choose. Also under a particular author they list which book is in which
position of a particular series. I am pleased you have gotten such helpful
feedback.
Take care,
Julie
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/BY3PR05MB892248FE46E8ECBE00D5947FA8B39%40BY3PR05MB8922.namprd05.prod.outlook.com.